The Way to Salvation: How to get saved
The Way to Salvation is a very simple thing. The simplicity of it is what makes it hard for so many to believe that we can get to heaven so easily.
We are so accustomed to buying our way into things, having the right connections with people or being a certain way (doing something) to get where we need to be in life.
With God, it is different. He does not operate off the same principles as man.
God calls you to Himself just as you are. He is not expecting you to do or say anything before you get saved. He accepts you as you are, right now…today.
There is nothing you can do to make God love you anymore. There is nothing you can do to make God love you any less.
There are 4 simple steps on how to get saved:
- Recognize that you are a sinner. (Romans 3:10, 23) “There is no one righteous, not even one… for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”
- Recognize that Jesus died on the cross for you. (1 Peter 3:18) “For Christ also suffered once for sins, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God. He was put to death in the body but made alive in the Spirit.”
- Repent of your sins. (Acts 3:19 NIV) “Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord”
- Receive Jesus as you Savior. (Romans 10:9-10) “If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.”
It is that simple. This is the way to salvation and now you know how to get saved. This is why it is called the free gift of salvation because it has nothing to do with what you did in the past, in your present or what you will do in the future. It has to do with what Jesus Christ already did for you on the cross.
So what do you do now?
- Find a church that teaches the bible. The denomination is not important so it can be non denominational, Baptist, Presbyterian, Catholic, Pentecostal, Methodist, Anglican. As long as they teach from the bible and recognize the 4 points above as the way to get to heaven this is the most important thing.
- Read the bible for yourself. Since you will be a new Christian you want to find a version of the bible that is easy to read like the NIV (New International Version). You can find it online for free by going here www.biblegateway.com you can also download the app on your phone and read the bible from your mobile device. Read a little at night before you go to bed and ask God to show you what He wants you to understand from it.
- Pray. Prayer is so important because this is how you will communicate with God. God will communicate with you a lot in the beginning through reading the bible. So reading the bible and prayer opens the two way communication between you and God. During your prayer time He will begin to reveal His plans and purpose for you life
If you need more information on Salvation, please read:
John 3:16-18 New International Version (NIV)” For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.