Prophetic Word for April 2020 – Nisan – Something New
This is the prophetic word for April 2020 and the Hebraic month of Nisan which runs from March 27 – April 25th.
Please read this with your spiritual ears and eyes open so you can actually see what God is trying to show you.
Nisan is actually the 1st month of the year on the Jewish Calendar. So, it is a new year! God is doing Something New!
The word Nisan means “bud” as in spring time when the flowers start to bud. Something New. It is the month of salvation because it is the month of the Passover. The month of redemption. The month of miracles.
Let me first say this prophetic word is not for everyone as you read it you’ll be able to discern if it is for you.
It is the first month of the year
Exodus 12:1-2 New Living Translation (NLT)
“While the Israelites were still in the land of Egypt, the Lord gave the following instructions to Moses and Aaron: “From now on, this month will be the first month of the year for you”
What the Israelites did not know was that God was getting ready to deliver them from Egypt with the final plague which was the killing of the first born son.
He instituted the “New” even while they were still yet living the old.
You see they had cried out to God for so long for change and God sent the change…
Exodus 2:23-25 New Living Translation (NLT)
“Years passed, and the king of Egypt died. But the Israelites continued to groan under their burden of slavery. They cried out for help, and their cry rose up to God. God heard their groaning, and he remembered his covenant promise to Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. He looked down on the people of Israel and knew it was time to act.”
But you see much like the Israelites, many of us when we cry out to God to bring forth change and the change finally comes we complain about it as well. Because we may not necessarily like the method in which God uses to bring us freedom.
So here it is the month of Nisan. Your time for Something New. He has heard your cry and He is giving you your new beginning.
8 is the number of new beginning so if you were seeing the number 8 a lot in the past month, He was basically telling you to look for Something New.
Now, from the time the Israelites left Egypt they had to wander the wilderness, then cross the red sea to end up in the promise land.
Some of you are already in your promised land and this season is just you battling giants. For others you are just leaving Egypt. So now your journey begins.
Taking a lesson from the bible of how you go through this will help you avoid unnecessary pain during this season.
- No grumbling and complaining. Remember the key thing to focus on is that God is actually answering your prayers. You may not like the way in which He chose to do it, but He is answering your prayers so you need to have a heart of gratitude. Please read Numbers 14:26–30; John 6:43; Philippians 2:14; James 5:9.
- God led them through this season in the form of a cloud by day and a fire by night. Therefore,when the cloud stopped moving they had to stop and when it started moving again, they had to move. Imagine that God is walking beside you and you are both in step with each other. If He were to stop would you notice? Would you be able to discern in your spirit the Lord stopped walking or would you continue walking only to find out that He made a left turn 2 miles behind you? The message here is this, you need to develop a very intimate relationship with God where you are so clear on what He is saying and how He will direct you in this season. You need to take the extra time you now have on your hands to develop a closer relationship with Him. We’ve written about this in a 3 part series and you can find it here.
- Do not try to replace the idols from Egypt that He has removed from your life with other idols. What is an idol? Anything you put before God…your job, your spouse, your business, your ministry, your pastor. Anything you had all of your faith and hopes in that you now no longer have access to. We were made to worship. So we are all worshiping something. Even an atheist worships something. The question is what or who are you worshiping? The whole thought behind the Israelites being free from Egypt was that they were to worship God (Exodus 8:1) and step into their promised land. Along their journey, when Moses wasn’t coming fast enough with their answers and things weren’t moving the way they wanted it to they went ahead and erected a golden calf in the middle of the wilderness. It is so easy for us to go back to the familiar or try to recreate it to pacify our flesh. You will only arouse God to anger by doing this. You have the extra time on your hand so that you can spend it with Him. He wants you to come to Him. Don’t replace what He removed with another idol.
Here is all the beautiful things that happened as they went through the journey and the same will happen for you:
1. This is when they learnt some of the names of God, did you know that? Jehovah Rophe (Exodus 15:26), Jehovah Nissi (Exodus 17:15) What does this mean to you? God is going to reveal Himself to you in ways you wouldn’t have seen or known if you didn’t go through what you are about to go through. Pay attention
2. Supernatural happenings. Their deliverance from Egypt was supernatural. It was miraculous. Their provisions in the wilderness was supernatural. Manna is miracle food. It says their clothes and shoes didn’t wear out the entire time (Deuteronomy 29:5). That is a miracle. Supernatural provision. So you are about to see God work miracles in your life that you wouldn’t have seen if you were not in the position you are today.
3. Where you end is going to be better than where you were. God won’t deliver anyone to take them into a worse place. Though the journey or method He chooses may not be pleasant, it is always going to end well! And, if we are honest the only reason it is tedious and unpleasant is that we are fighting and resisting what God is doing. Give in to it so you don’t wear yourself out. Embrace the change. Embrace this Something New because I can assure you…things are NOT going back to how it was. That Era has ended! We wrote about this in part 2 of the 2020 prophetic word, the year when it all ends. So here we are!
Open your spiritual eyes and ears to see what the Lord is doing. This is your New Year! Your deliverance. Your time of redemption. It is Something New. It is not going to look familiar but it will be better. God has no intention of keeping you in the dark but you must ask Him how to move forward.
Here’s a prayer for you.
Abba Father, thank you for the New Beginning. Thank you for this time to worship You, to spend more time with You, to look to You for the supernatural. Thank you for the miracles You are about to perform in my life. I ask that You help me to focus on You in this season. Help me to seek You and not others. Don’t allow me to replace any of the idols You have removed with other things. Fill all the empty places in my life. Give me Your perspective on things. Allow me to clearly see as You move. Open my ears so that I can hear you and my eyes so that I can see how You are moving in my life. Thank You for protecting me and my family and friends during this season. Cover us under Your blood Jesus. Loose your supernatural provisions from heaven. Thanking You in advance for bringing me into my promised land, in Jesus name, Amen.
Find someone who can come in agreement with you for the new thing. Not for the old to come back but for the new that lies ahead.
Please share your comments below.