This is a prophetic word for not only April, Passover and Easter 2020 but something that we can all hold on to for the years to come.
So, at the beginning of this pandemic in the US (around February 2020), I said to the Lord what is this all about? He said only one statement …
This is a Dress Rehearsal
Hmmm, so I had to unpack what that actually means. If this whole Coronavirus situation is just a dress rehearsal then what does that mean for us? The church that is.
Definition of dress rehearsal
1 : a full rehearsal (as of a play) in costume and with stage properties shortly before the first performance
2 : a practice exercise for something to come : dry run
Because this is pandemic, the dress rehearsal was for all of us. This prophetic word is for everyone, including me.
I have some good news for you and some bad news….
The Good News is ….this is a test and you get to practice, perfect what you missed, and get ready of the big day.
The Bad New is….this isn’t the real event. Brace yourself, it’s going to get worse. Which is why God is giving you time to get it together.
The dry run. The dress rehearsal to see how prepared you are.
You may want to take some notes here, write down your honest response to these questions. Also, Read this with your spiritual ears open
What happens in a dress rehearsal?
1. We stand in the spot where we should be in the actual event. Where are you suppose to be right now? I’m talking about destiny and purpose in the earth. Are you there?
2. We evaluate if where we are standing makes sense for the actual event. If we are not in the right spot we switch things around until we find where we should actually be standing. Get in the right spot. There is going to be a massive shifting of the body of Christ at the end of all of this. A lot of you won’t be going back to the job you had before, the church you attended before, etc. There’s going to be a lot of movement that comes out of this. You need to be flexible.
3. We practice the lines that we are suppose to say if we have a speaking part in the wedding. All the theology degrees and the scripture memorization means absolutely nothing if you just know it in theory. You are being tested on whether or not you can apply what you know. God is saying….Show me! Do you actually have faith? Why are you so afraid, I thought you knew the scriptures? What you know in your head needs to come out in your actions. This dress rehearsal is exposing if we can actually walk out what we know in our heads.
4. It’s a practice run, so you are not actually clothe in the outfit you’re supposed to be wearing on the day of. So, what are you wearing? When people are around you can they tell that you are in the wedding party with Jesus or do you look and act exactly like a crazy people running around?
5. All the kinks get worked out in a dress rehearsal so that it goes smoothly on the day of the event. In our mind we can think we know something but we may find out during the rehearsal that what we thought was going to work and what actually works are 2 different things. Dress Rehearsal exposes what works and what does not.
6. At the end of the rehearsal there is usually a rehearsal dinner for all the participants where we celebrate and rejoice for the big day which happens tomorrow. Now you may be wondering why in the world would I celebrate this? Let me give you some perspective…
God in His grace knew most of us cannot handle what is heading our way so He had to give us a practice run so that we could see where we are. Evaluate yourself. How are you handling all of this?
You never know how you are going to handle a situation until you are actually in it.
It is our time to get ready.
Revelation 19:7-9 New Living Translation (NLT)
Let us be glad and rejoice,
and let us give honor to him.
For the time has come for the wedding feast of the Lamb,
and his bride has prepared herself.
She has been given the finest of pure white linen to wear.”
For the fine linen represents the good deeds of God’s holy people.
And the angel said to me, “Write this: Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding feast of the Lamb.” And he added, “These are true words that come from God.”
The Bride of Christ, makes herself ready! She is prepared.
My spirit discerns that this whole thing is a simple Pass/Fail. Imagine you take a test and you got some of it wrong, in this scenario you can evaluate yourself (repent) and get the right answers/mindset/attitude and get yourself ready for the real event.
The Lord has not told me when this will end. Some of the prophetic voices have said it will be Passover. Others have said longer. I haven’t asked the Lord because I have only one thought…
The WORSE thing that we could ever do is to go back to exactly what we were doing in church before this all started. That would be a BIG MISTAKE.
Think about it. That would be like saying this had to do with everyone else but me. But, this can’t be true. It’s a pandemic so it involved all of us.
1 John 1:8-10 New King James Version (NKJV)
If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
My prayer is that we all glean what God wants us to glean individually through this. That we take responsibility for where we have fallen down as a church and repent. That when we get back to meeting together we come back CHANGED. That our pastors and leaders realize this is a wake up call and if we don’t change course then we are not going to make it when the real event happens.
How much time do we have before the real event? I don’t know. But I believe God is giving us a window of grace to individually
get it right. That’s what I believe. You are in a period of grace to get it right. If you are reading this, you’ve been given grace. If you have not received Jesus as your Lord and Savior, you have a grace period in which to do so. This thing may just slow down to come back even stronger. Or we may have a few months in between. Or a few years. Who knows? What I know is, I’m looking at the church and I’m seeing that we have a lot of work to do.
What is missing is the acknowledgment that we may have missed the mark as a church and we need to repent for the misdirection and ask the Lord to set us on the right path.
Which is why I believe if this goes away right now we would go back to doing exactly what we were doing before. And that would be the real tragedy.
Help! I’m having a meltdown
So what do you do when you are having a meltdown? When you feel out of control?
This dress rehearsal is revealing all of our vices. Some of us are coming out 50 pounds heavier, alcoholic, drug user, picking up smoking again, all kinds of addictions and bad habits are being revisited. And others, closer to God than they have ever been.
We draw for the things we find comforting when we are stressed out. This is another reason why He brought us into this place. So we can see what we do when we are under pressure.
How are you treating your children? How are you treating your spouse? There’s no escaping these realities.
This exposes what is at our core and that’s what He wants us to see.
In every area where you failed you just need to repent and ask the Lord to teach you how to be better. What are the steps you need to take to improve in that area. Don’t wait till after this has passed. Do it now.
You know last August when I was writing the 2020 prophetic word, I could hear in the spirit people saying things like “I don’t even know who to believe anymore”, “this person is saying this and this one is saying that”, “they both seem right”, “I’m confused” Yes, I could hear the voices of different people saying these things and the Lord said to me “They need to hear Me for themselves”. Back then, I thought it had to do with false prophets. In this environment, I’m realizing it probably had to do with what’s going on now.
1 Corinthians 10:23-24 New King James Version (NKJV)
All things are lawful for me, but not all things are helpful; all things are lawful for me, but not all things edify. Let no one seek his own, but each one the other’s well-being.
It doesn’t matter what laws are passed that allow us to meet, or not to meet. What is important is that we do what the Lord is telling us to do as individuals. You’ll have churches that meet and people are going to get sick and die, it has already happened. Others will meet and that won’t happen.
Who is right and who is wrong is irrelevant in this climate. I tell you what is important, what is God saying to YOU. Because this is now a life or death situation that can affect not just you but your family and your loved ones. That is why you need to hear HIM for yourself. Now is the time to cultivate that intimate relationship with the Lord.
Be ready for big changes. What is the Lord saying to you? What does dress rehearsal mean to you?