This prophetic word is entitled Running with Horses. In the last prophetic word I spoke about a period in my life when I was running very low on hope. This week the Lord brought me back to that period again and pulled out another lesson I learned during that time and He told me to share this with you.
It’s actually 3, possibly 4, messages in one so you can see which part of it applies to you.
I remember after going through 3 months of intense spiritual warfare, fasting and praying really hard there was absolutely no change. You know that breakthrough you get after a fast? Well, it didn’t happen for me.
I was fasting so much that I lost so much weight and looked totally ill! Worse yet is when you believe you are fighting the enemy and you’re not! LOL Yeah, try fasting God away! LOL it never works.
As I was in tears, exhausted and weary from the battle and throwing a pity party for one I asked the Lord “what is going on here? I haven’t done anything wrong! Why are you allowing this to happen to me?”
I thought He was going to show up as the sweet loving Jesus and comfort me and tell me it was all going to end because I cried out to Him.
Here’s the verse He gave me
(Jeremiah 12:5 GW) “If you have raced against others on foot, and they have tired you out, how can you compete with horses? If you stumble in open country, how can you live in the jungle along the Jordan River?”
Oops! Say what now? Paraphrasing… If you think this is bad, you ain’t seen nothing yet! What you are going through now is child’s play compared to what’s coming next. It’s going to be so much bigger than you and worse.
And I can honestly tell you, the months or rather years that followed proved that He wasn’t joking.
Yep! Apparently I was being trained to run with horses. Endurance, perseverance, the stuff that marathon runners are made of. It’s not fun but I can tell you this, I grew the most spiritually during that time.
That’s what is happening to many of you right now and you’re about to go even deeper into this. No one shows up and wins an Olympic medal without training, and passing several championships before getting there.
No, they get up early and they train until their muscles burn and they keep pushing through the burn. Their coach pushes them for years until they get stronger and faster. That’s how they win.
All of those prayers you’ve prayed and prophetic words you’re waiting on? Well, there’s a process to getting it and when it shows up things don’t always look pretty.
Most of your promotions are only going to happen after or during a period of hardship. Think about it…
When was Joseph raised up? During a famine – shortages, people were suffering!
When was Esther raised up? When an entire nation was about to be annihilated including her!
Gideon? Had a problem with Fear and hiding out from the Midianites!
Ruth? Picking up leftovers in a strange land, no husband and barren!
Not pretty! It was ugly.
Why am I telling you this? Well, when God told me that I needed to “suck it up”, which is basically what He did, I realized that I needed to change my mindset. How I was looking at what I was going through. I needed to be prepared for it to get worse. I needed to be prepared for the long haul. Now there’s a word we don’t want to hear in this season…. Long haul. Better to be prepared for it and have it be over tomorrow than not prepared. Right? What looked like spiritual warfare to me was actually training to compete with the horses. Was it fun? NO! I asked Him how long it would take and He said one year. Was it 1 year? NO! That would be like the Israelites asking Him how long was the journey to the promised land and He says 11 days (Deuteronomy 1:2). Did it take them 11 days? NO! Was God lying? NO! You see how long we stay in these seasons have to do with how we handle instructions that He gives. And that we’re taking time to even ask Him for the instructions.
So here are some tips..
1 There’s no going around, over or under this. There’s only going through. You need to change your mindset to… going through it. It’s not going away. Changing your mindset will bring you to a place of rest and peace. Yes it will. Only then will you get a strategy to go through. If you keep waiting for this all to go away or trying to pray it away, you end up being more stressed out. I also want to point out that some season have nothing to do with you personally it may involve others. Joseph got the interpretation of the Pharaoh’s dream about the 7 years of plenty and the 7 years of famine. It is what it is! He couldn’t pray and fast that away. If God decides to do something, He’s going to do it. The only thing Joseph needed was a strategy to get through the famine. He still had to go through the famine but at least he had the provisions he needed for him and his family. Should you fast? Of course! But your focus should be fasting for a strategy to go through it as opposed to trying to fast it away.
2. You can get through anything with the GRACE of God! Not the grace that causes you to stay in unrepentant sin but the grace that works through you to get you through difficult times. Pray for grace.
3. Stay repentant – you can’t give the enemy any reason to come after you. If you did something wrong, repent quickly so that he doesn’t have a legal right to attack you.
4. God is Sovereign that means He’s very much in control. He’s taking us into our land. Just imagine trying to move the church of Jesus Christ worldwide into a new era! That’s going to be painful because we are so divided. Disunity everywhere so the ones that are not pliable/teachable are going to feel it the worst! You are the clay and He is the potter. Now relax and let Him mold you.
5. This isn’t the time to be prideful. Be humble. You don’t need to always be right and you don’t always need to be heard. If you want to have a discussion on something, take it to the Lord and ask Him what He thinks about it.
6. Make some physical preparations. You may want to store up some supplies if you are able to do it. Ask God what you should be buying. Notice this is only 1 practical point of the 11 points because all the food/supply storage in the world will never save you if you are not spiritually prepared. It’s better for you to be spiritually prepared than anything else. Don’t be fearful but use wisdom. Ask God what you should be buying. If He says nothing then leave it be. This point was for someone else.
7. Get some communion elements stored up. If all you can do is take communion it will be the best thing you do. Inviting the presence of God into your home changes everything. Here is a post about taking communion.
8. Anointing oil. You’ll want to have some handy as well. To anoint your home and yourself, you’re going to need it.
9. Prayers you need to know and have – hard copy printed from this site or other sites where you get prayers or articles that you read regularly. Keep them in your bible just in case the internet goes down and you can’t get online – Psalm 91, Psalm 24 and Putting on the Armor of God. These are all for warfare it needs to become 2nd nature for you. Meditate on Psalm 91 and learn to recite it from memory, teach it to your children.
10. He keeps bringing to my mind “…and now these three remain – faith, hope and love but the greatest of these is love” So, I believe this is what He wants you to always remember. Have Faith. Hold on to Hope. Walk in Love. The last prophetic word we talked about Faith being Point A. You won’t start on the journey without faith anyway. It is hope that you need for the journey. And, He wants you to always remember to walk in love when you are around others. It doesn’t matter what they are doing or saying, be kind and show love.
11. You’re probably going to end up helping a lot of people over the next several months who were just not prepared – spiritually and physically. You may need to give them some of your supplies or just be kind to them. Show them love.
Do you know the song Blessed be the name of the Lord by Matt Redman? It was based on Job 1:21. I remember visiting a church once and they refused to sing the refrain of the song
“You give and take away, You give and take away, My heart will choose to say, Lord blessed be your name”
They sang the whole song which talks about blessings but the part where it says God takes away they refuse to sing. Because they truly didn’t believe that God takes away anything from His children. Sigh. Have you ever taken anything away from your child? This is just basic common sense, right?
Now people who attend churches like this, walk away from the Lord in seasons like the one we are experiencing now because they were never taught a complete picture of God.
They got a partial Jesus. They won’t ever understand what judgement looks like. Or that God is for justice. And that suffering is a part of Christianity. They know the Lamb but they don’t know the Lion. They know the Savior but they don’t know the Judge. They don’t know that He is a consuming fire. They have no clue about the fear of the Lord.
No, they only want the “Santa Claus Jesus” because that is what they were taught. Sooner or later they meet the other side of Jesus and they can’t deal with Him.
Well, the last thing you should ever think of doing in this season is walking away from God. He is your ONLY hope.
There is NOT another solution. Better to run to Him and get the answers on what to do than run away from Him. That would be folly. Where are you going to go??
The thing is that Jesus already knows who will abandon ship and who will stay. This is how He divides out the wheat from the tares. Wheat and tares look exactly the same until it’s time for the harvest. That’s when the real thing shows itself.
The same thing happened when the fire and persecution got turned up when Jesus walked the earth
64 but some of you do not believe.
From the first day Jesus began to call disciples, He knew those who did not have genuine faith. He knew, too, who would betray Him.
Jesus: 65 This is why I have been telling you that no one comes to Me without the Father’s blessing and guidance.
66 After hearing these teachings, many of His disciples walked away and no longer followed Jesus.
Jesus (to the twelve): 67 Do you want to walk away too?
Simon Peter: 68 Lord, if we were to go, whom would we follow? You speak the words that give everlasting life. 69 We believe and recognize that You are the Holy One sent by God.
It is only in the fiery seasons that you truly know if you believe or not.
Can you feel the fire?
We are in a pruning and refining process right now. If you start to feel a literal burning, like fire, on your arms and legs that’s just the Holy Spirit making you aware of His presence. Don’t be afraid of it (unless of course you have a known health issue) but instead embrace the purification. It’s for your own good. You are in training to run with horses. He’s getting rid of all the hindrances and things that could hold you back.
The fire reveals
All that is in darkness is going to exposed. The prophetic word that was written last September for this year was all about your mouth and the fire that was coming. Read them again
1 Peter 4:12-19
12 Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. 13 Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.
14 If you are insulted because you bear the name of Christ, you will be blessed, for the glorious Spirit of God rests upon you. 15 If you suffer, however, it must not be for murder, stealing, making trouble, or prying into other people’s affairs. 16 But it is no shame to suffer for being a Christian. Praise God for the privilege of being called by his name! 17 For the time has come for judgment, and it must begin with God’s household. And if judgment begins with us, what terrible fate awaits those who have never obeyed God’s Good News? 18 And also,
“If the righteous are barely saved,
what will happen to godless sinners?”
19 So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you.
Remember not all of this message is for you and you will know which part is for you and which part is not.
I’m going to ask you to do something, please be praying for the salvation of those around you. You need to do it.