Happy New Year! L’Shana Tova 5778
This is going to be a very exciting year! Let’s go through each point that God gave for this year
- It is the year of the new beginning. This new beginning is different from those of the past. It is different because this is not the year of the fresh start, or new as in you get a do over. No, this is the new beginning of things that have been sown in past season. All those seeds that were sown over the past 7 -10 years will begin to spring forth. It is a continuation of the last 7 years but in full harvest mode.
Harvest. Reaping Time.
2. How did you plant the seeds? You planted them in your deeds, what you said, what you did, what you were sowing into, in prayer, in financial support. Yes these are the plants that will spring forth. These are the ones that will come forth as a new beginning. So whatever you planted in your personal relationships you will begin to reap. Whatever you planted in business you will begin to see the fruit of it springing forth. The same with your spiritual life and all the other areas of your life.
3. What is amazing about this harvest is that you don’t have to pray for it, it will just happen! It’s like planting seeds. If you watered it, in its due season it comes forth. It’s a natural part of the process of sowing and reaping.
(Galatians 6:9) “Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.”
It’s your reaping year. Now this is a double edge sword because if what was sown was evil, guess what is springing up? Some people got away with things in past season. Well, here comes the judgement.
If you planted nothing, you get nothing. If you planted in prayer, sowing financially into ministries, sowing into the lives of others, then you are about to see a springing forth of God’s reward and goodness SHOWERED over you this year. However, if you planted in discord, gossiping, backbiting, stinginess, negativity and closing your eyes to those in need, well…watch out!
(Genesis 8:22) “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease.”
4. Popcorn Blessings. This is so exciting!!! When you plant seeds once the first one comes up from the ground all the others begin sprouting up as well, one after the other. Pop. Pop. Pop. Like popping popcorn! That’s why I’m calling it popcorn blessing. Watch and see. You’re going to need to “get more containers or get bigger buckets to hold it”. It will be one good thing happening followed by the other and so on and so forth.
5. Some of the blessings that will spring up will be old dreams and prophetic words. As the years go on and we become weary in battle it is easy to say OK Lord I guess you don’t want me to have this or that. We begin to back up on the promises of God. Past trauma can also bring us into a place of hopelessness. We lower our expectation and think that God will not do the very thing that He has promised. Well, you are going to start to see new sprouts for things that you have forgotten about. You’ll be saying to yourself “I forgot about that! I prayed about this 4 years ago”. They will just start to happen. It will create a renewed hope within you. Begin to recall all the things that you have asked and prayed for. Dream again. Hope again. Have huge expectations of the Lord. The Lord is doing this specifically so that you will go back to dreaming like you used to and believing Him for the impossible or for the things you hoped for in the past.
6. Just as a new plant comes forth and it needs to be handled delicately you will need to do the same. Watering it (with your words). Speaking life over that new thing that sprung forth. Speak the scripture over it. It doesn’t matter if it looks scrawny like it won’t make it. Speak over it in faith. Water it with God’s word. Give it SONshine. Ask the Lord how you need to care for that new thing that He’s given you. Nurture and protect it. It is in its most vulnerable state. Pay attention to – the environment, is it conducive to growth? Maybe you need to transplant that thing elsewhere.
7. Sometimes when we wait so long for the breakthrough and it finally happens, we start acting like starving children in Africa in that we start eating like it’s the last meal we will see in a long time (sorry for the analogy, couldn’t think of a better way to describe it). You could end up eating it all. Don’t! This is where past trauma would cause you to respond incorrectly. These are your new crops. Tend to them, don’t eat them all. Find out from the Lord how you are to invest. You’re going to need to replant some things. Ask Him how you are to use what you have so that it will multiply into so much more. Seriously, you need to think about this. You can either eat the one plant or you can nurture it until it grows and turns in to a tree which will produce more seeds so you get more plants. You’re going to a lot more fruit from a mature tree than a seedling.
8. Not all your plants are going to make it. What’s important is that if you are paying attention to what is going on in your life you’ll be able to discern how the loss occurred and quickly make adjustments so you don’t lose the others. Learn from your mistakes and do better with the next one.
9. You must always remember that God is your source and your current job is just one of many channels that God uses to bless you financially. The same thing goes with your business, your car, whatever you have are just channels. They are not the source. So, in this year God will begin to change the channel. When the children of Israel left Egypt and moved into the promise land they moved from working and eating one way to another. Even in the wilderness they ate manna which they never ate before or after the wilderness experience. They didn’t have to work for the manna it was provided. When they moved into the promise land they had milk, honey, pomegranates and so many other things in abundance. The journey there for them was pretty scary but God was bringing them to the good place. He was changing the channel along the way but still remained their Source. I’m telling you this so that if you lose your job, your business turns up side down…don’t panic. Remember, you have the Source all you need to do is ask Him to show you the new channel. And remember all these seedlings are CHANNELS. You need to stay calm. God didn’t bring you this far to abandon you!
10. Here is one very EXCITING aspect of these new plants, God is about to add his Super to your Natural and give you the most SUPERNATURAL harvest you have ever seen. You know when plants start coming out of the ground they are tiny. Well, some of you are about to sprout fully grown TREES!!! God has been working in the spirit on some of the things you’ve been waiting on so when they manifest they are not going to look like something that just got born. Imagine it this way, a mother gives birth to a newborn…or so you think. What it a mother gave birth to a child that looked like a 1 year old? That’s what you would call something supernatural. What if she gave birth to a 7 year old? That is supernatural. The natural would be birthing a newborn BUT GOD is about to take His super and add it to what you have coming in the natural. You will just wake up and have this fully grown relationship, or a fully grown ministry, or a fully grown business, or the work that was needed to make your relationship with your children right will be done in minutes!! Supernatural, Miraculous kind of results. People will be saying “when did this happen?” “where did this come from?” “I thought last week you told me you had nothing, how did this happen already?” “this is not normal” Yeah, like that! Overnight GROWTH! What people didn’t see is what you were sowing in the spirit over the years. So while it may have happened overnight for them, you have already done this work in the spirit with God. Praise God!
1. In the past season you were fighting for your breakthrough and to get what the enemy held captive. This season you will be fighting to maintain what is yours. Those young plants will need you to guard and protect them. If you take your eyes off of them here comes the birds to eat them up, you don’t water them (the word) they dry up, you don’t tend to the soil then you end up with a diseased plant. Watch what you say and who you tell about the new things that are spring up in your life. Did you know when a lioness has a male cub she removes him from the pride and hides him away for 2 years? She does this so that the male leader of that pride won’t kill the young male cub. When he’s 2 years old he’s strong enough to defend himself. The male lion won’t kill the females, he mates with them but he’ll kill the males so that he’s the only male in the pride. The lioness needs to protect the male cub. The cub stays HIDDEN.
2. Not everyone’s life is going to look like yours. If you haven’t noticed the world is getting worse and worse. This doesn’t mean that you can’t be feasting in the midst of a famine. However, it is cruel to tell people how you are being blessed by the Lord when they are in fact going through a famine. If you do, get ready to face off with the spirit of Jealousy and a whole host of evil spirits that will descend upon you to devour the new plants. Be careful what you share on social media about your personal life because you may not know where the attacks are coming from .
3. If you started reading the prophetic words in May 2017 then you would have had to cut off some people. Well, look for the same spirits to make a return using someone else. You know we don’t fight flesh and blood we fight spirits in the spiritual realm so when God shows you to distance yourself for some people it is the spirit that the person is carrying that is the problem and not so much the person. As a result, these spirits will use anyone. So when you make alignment with others pay attention to their spirit. If you notice similarities with others that you’ve had to disconnect from then you need to realize that the same spirit is trying to make a comeback. Be wise.
4. You’ll need new strategies to defeat this new enemy in this new season.
5. If you saw the prophetic word for the month of Tishrei (October) you know that in order for you to receive and walk into these new blessings is to deal with the trauma of the past or even what you are going through presently.
6. There are some demonic territorial spirits that you need to be aware of for 2018. With the increase use of social media and online ministries there is a governing spirit for this arena. Think about it, this is more than just a city or a state. When you are online you are reaching everyone in the world. As such there are spirits that work online. The main one is Leviathan. I will be writing more about this in another post. When Leviathan shows up this prince does not work alone there is a Python spirit that is usually present as well and the Jezebel spirit. Separate posts for each of these and will be forthcoming later on this year.
7. Earlier I touched on the fact that you are going to see a lot of judgment happening to people (even in the body of Christ) who’ve mistreated and abused God’s people and laws and got away with it for years. Well, when this judgement starts please do not gloat. Don’t participate in any such conversations as well. Here’s the word of the Lord
You shouldn’t have gloated over your brother when he was down-and-out.
You shouldn’t have laughed and joked at Judah’s sons when they were facedown in the mud.
You shouldn’t have talked so big when everything was so bad.
You shouldn’t have taken advantage of my people when their lives had fallen apart.
You of all people should not have been amused by their troubles, their wrecked nation.
You shouldn’t have taken the shirt off their back when they were knocked flat, defenseless.
And you shouldn’t have stood waiting at the outskirts and cut off refugees,
And traitorously turned in helpless survivors who had lost everything.
“God’s Judgment Day is near for all the godless nations.
As you have done, it will be done to you. What you did will boomerang back and hit your own head.
Watch out for the Lion named November
The word of God says we know in part and we prophesy in part so there is no one person that has the complete message. So, with that said….
I had vision with a man who was being mocked by people. He had a lion on a leash and whenever people taunted him this lion would smack them with his paw. Believe me they had the wind knocked out of them. The name of the lion was November. And, who can control a lion on a leash?
The lion in scripture can be either good or bad.
(1 Peter 5:8) “Be alert and of sober mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour.”
Not sure what this means. I guess in November we’ll figure it out! What I know for sure is that even if the lion is the Lord every reference to God in the bible as a lion is still very aggressive. He will not show up warm and cuddly.
What is defining moment? This is a moment in time when everything changes for you. You go from the prison to the palace because of one thing. An event occurs and everything in your life changes after that.
Think of the story of David and Goliath. David slayed the lion and the bear but no one spoke of that in the bible. And even after doing that he still went back to tending sheep. However, when he had to face Goliath everything changed. It was David’s defining moment. He never tended sheep after that. He became a warrior. Everybody knew what he did because it was public and his life was changed forever. This also is a double edge sword because Goliath was also famous…for terrorizing people. At one defining moment, everything change. The terror named Goliath came to a swift end and the shepherd boy became the warrior.
You’re going to have defining moments in 5778 which will change everything for you.
You don’t know when this will happen
These moments will determine if you move up or down.
There are no do overs for defining moments because these are not really tests. They happen. When you don’t expect it and how you respond will completely change the course of your life.
It is like your ceiling becomes your platform to your next level.
What you have studied in the bible or memorized or all those conferences you’ve attended only matter if when your defining moment arrives you respond correctly. Only your actions matter. You can know it in your head if you don’t RESPOND in the correct way, none of it matters.
Defining moments show what’s really on the inside of us. Our head knowledge won’t help us if we can’t put it into action when it counts.
You will be required to operate in your giftings in a way you have not before. David was a warrior. However, the manner in which he slayed the bear and the lion was completely different from how he slayed Goliath. Same gift. Different application or method or strategy.
You MUST identify when you are facing the defining moment and quickly call upon the Lord for the strategy on HOW TO RESPOND.
Generally when God gives me these words for the coming year He gives me a real life example of what He’s talking about so that I won’t miss it and I fully understand what He’s saying to me. So, here’s the example He gave about 2 weeks after giving me this word.
Hurricane Harvey was heading towards the United States and the Lord said “I’m going to show you what a defining moment looks like”. When I realized it was heading directly to Houston I knew instantly this was about Joel Osteen. I began to watch his Facebook page and Twitter account to see what was going to happen.
You should know that I don’t regularly watch Joel Osteen but I began watching him because I knew that God was giving him a defining moment. The hurricane got there and sat over that city for 4 days.
Joel responded in his usual manner which is sharing encouraging scriptures and preparing his church to help AFTER the hurricane passed. Well, it sat over them for longer than expected. And, Joel still continued in the same train of thought.
Did God need him to encourage people? Yes. Just not in a suit, with a sermon, behind a pulpit on the Sunday following. No, the gift needed to manifest itself in a different way in that moment. He needed to be in T-shirt, jeans and sneakers helping the people as it was happening and not waiting until after the storm had passed.
He missed it. Does this make him a bad person? No. He was always planning to help the people. He just made a bad judgment call on the timing of the help and HOW he was to help.
No do overs.
I’m not sure if Joel even realizes this was a defining moment for him.
God specifically said every single one of us will have a defining moment this coming year.
We’re either going to play role of David or Goliath.
Watch for yours. Pray that you will be able to identify it when it comes and respond correctly because your defining moments will be the catalyst for the trees that will spring up for you this year.
That’s it! This is the word the Lord gave for 5778. This will be posted on the front page of our website www.missionariesofprayer.org for the entire year.
We would love to hear from you on your defining moments and your popcorn blessings! It will be a great year!