Prophetic Word July 2017
The Prophetic Word for July 2017 “What Do You See?”. This is the 4th month on the Hebraic Calendar and it is the month of Tammuz.
There is good in this month as well bad the month. If we address the bad parts this will give us an accurate picture of our future so that when God asks the question “What do you see?” we can answer with His true vision for our lives.
Tammuz was named after a Babylonian sun god. So the name has to do with Idolatry.
(Ezekiel 8:13-14) “13 Again, He said, “You will see them doing things that are even more detestable.” 14 Then He brought me to the entrance of the north gate of the house of the Lord, and I saw women sitting there, mourning the god Tammuz.”
Ezekiel Chapter 8 is all about idol worship in the temple and you should read it to get an idea of what was happening in the temple back then and you will see that this is still happening today. Idol worship from the leaders as well as the people.
- This month we need to examine ourselves and ensure that we don’t have any idolatry in our lives. Here is a post we did on the connection between false prophetic words and idolatry
- 9 Tammuz (circa 586 BCE) – Jerusalem walls breached by King Nebuchadnezzar
- Second breaching of Jerusalem’s walls by the Romans on the 17th of Tammuz (70 CE)
- We need to ask the Lord to show us any weaknesses that would allow the enemy access to our lives. It’s not a coincidence that the walls of Jerusalem was breached twice in the same month.
- The 17th Tammuz starts The Three Weeks of mourning for the Jews. This is a time dedicated to fasting which started after the walls of Jerusalem was breached the first time.
- This is the month associated with the tribe of Reuben. He was a first born of Jacob but was cursed by his father when he slept with his father’s concubine, Bilhah(Genesis 35:22). The tribe of Reuben, after wondering through the wilderness for all those years, decided as soon as they saw the land on the east side of the Jordon that they wanted to stop fighting and just settle (Numbers 32). They were tired and decided this land was good enough. Here’s what Reuben said to Moses…
5 If we have found favor in your eyes,” they said, “let this land be given to your servants as our possession. Do not make us cross the Jordan.”
6 Moses said to the Gadites and Reubenites, “Should your fellow Israelites go to war while you sit here? 7 Why do you discourage the Israelites from crossing over into the land the Lord has given them?
They did not want to fight anymore so Moses gave them exactly what they asked for. This turned into a major problem for them in the end because they were in the enemies territory therefore they were vulnerable to attacks and eventually the tribe gave themselves over to apostasy (I Chronicles 5:25-26).
- We are half way there, we can’t afford to settle. Don’t allow weariness to cause you to fight one last time and then settle in enemy territory. You know what God has promised you so keep pressing!
- During the month of Tammuz, Moses went up the mountain the first time and came down with the commandments. Because the people were waiting on Moses for some time they got impatient and decided to build a golden calf. Again we see the idolatry. Where did they learn how to build these golden calves? Back in Egypt.
Exodus 32 New International Version (NIV)
The Golden Calf
32 When the people saw that Moses was so long in coming down from the mountain, they gathered around Aaron and said, “Come, make us gods who will go before us. As for this fellow Moses who brought us up out of Egypt, we don’t know what has happened to him.”
2 Aaron answered them, “Take off the gold earrings that your wives, your sons and your daughters are wearing, and bring them to me.” 3 So all the people took off their earrings and brought them to Aaron. 4 He took what they handed him and made it into an idol cast in the shape of a calf, fashioning it with a tool. Then they said, “These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.”
5 When Aaron saw this, he built an altar in front of the calf and announced, “Tomorrow there will be a festival to the Lord.” 6 So the next day the people rose early and sacrificed burnt offerings and presented fellowship offerings. Afterward they sat down to eat and drink and got up to indulge in revelry.
7 Then the Lord said to Moses, “Go down, because your people, whom you brought up out of Egypt, have become corrupt. 8 They have been quick to turn away from what I commanded them and have made themselves an idol cast in the shape of a calf. They have bowed down to it and sacrificed to it and have said, ‘These are your gods, Israel, who brought you up out of Egypt.’
- Yes it has been a very difficult season and you have been waiting and waiting and waiting for what was promised; however, be very careful that you don’t make some kind of idol from things in your past to help you through your difficulty. For example, in past seasons when you were being squeezed on all sides you may have turned to alcohol, drugs, fornication, pornography, shopping, food, etc. to get you through. Don’t go back to that. Remember, you have left Egypt, even if it doesn’t look like you have…you have! You’ve moved!
You’ve transitioned into a new place. You left Egypt and now you are in the wilderness on your way to the promise land. Therefore, don’t resort to the things you did while you were in Egypt. God will not be pleased and you will suffer the consequences for your relapse. (Exodus 32:34-35)
- Stay Strong. Pray. Praise. Remain in faith. God will show up. Pray the Holy Spirit gives you supernatural strength and grace to hold on in faith until you see the fulfillment of what was promised.
- Tammuz was the month when the 12 spies went to spy out the land. This is crucial. Imagine if you don’t remove idolatry from your heart, how can you ever see what God really has for you?
- With a heart that has been purified when God asks you”What do you see?” you will be able to see from eyes that have God’s perspective for your promise.
- Yes, there are giants and I am sure you are seeing them already but don’t lose vision. Focus on the promise and not on the giants. Don’t lose your hope. Remember if God gave you a promise then He has the strategies for you to overcome whatever it is that you are facing.
- Continue to believe the good report.
Here is a prayer for you
Father God, thank you for taking me thus far. Thank you that I am still standing even though the battle rages on. God I pray that you will give me a second wind anointing to have supernatural strength, supernatural grace, supernatural endurance to make it to the end. Remove any weariness from me and give me a fresh vision of the future plans that you have for me. Remove any idolatry from my heart so that my vision will be as you want it to be. When you ask me “What do you see?” I want to see all the great plans you have for me. I don’t want to focus on the giants. I don’t want to focus on the negative things but I choose to see the positive. I choose to believe the good report. Bind fear and loose power, love and a sound mind. I choose to focus on the fact that you are a good God and you have a future that is more than I can ask or think or imagine or dream of. Supply all that I need for this season. Show me the way out of all the temptations that will come my way this month. I will not to settle. Put a crown of favor upon my head so that everywhere I go I will have access to the goodness that You have in store for me. Grant me peace in this turbulent time. Give me new prayers. Pour out a fresh anointing on me to finish well, in Jesus Name, Amen.