This is the month of Av on the Hebraic Calendar which runs from July 13 – August 12. In the prophetic word we release last August we outlined what happened with the Israelites during this month. It is one of the most difficult months because many bad things happened during this time. I’m not going to rehash that because this is historical information and you can read all that happened at the end of the post from last year. You can see it here
In this prophetic word, I want to share with you some things that came through in prayer in light of these historical facts.
1. This was the point in which the Israelites were closest to the promise land. Do you feel like you are so close to your promise that you could almost reach out and touch it? That’s why.
2. This is the time of year when the 12 spies were sent into the land to spy it out (Read Numbers 13-14). So, most of you already know what your promise is. Some of you don’t so God will reveal a lot to you during this month as to what your next steps will be.
3. Once the promise is revealed there are going to be challenges to overcome in order for you to actually walk in it. Those challenges may look impossible to overcome. And this to be expected because how else will God get the glory if you can do it by yourself?
4. Your response should be 100% faith. Fear and faith runs on the same train tracks so you are either walking in one or the other. You must make a choice.
5. The warfare is going to intensify. The giants in the land are big. No one is denying that. The point is, whose report are you going to believe? God’s or the enemies. You must fight for your birthright. The enemy is not going to hand it over without a fight so you must Armor up and get ready to fight. The biggest fight is going to be in your mind. You have to mentally prepare yourself to take the land.
6. There is so much that you need to get rid of before crossing over. They can’t go with you and how successful you are in cutting it off will determine if you cross over or if you circle the mountain again.
7. On the 9th Av (Friday/Saturday this week) is when the spies returned from spying out the land. Remember, all 12 spies said the land was good. 10 said they couldn’t take the land because of giants and 2 said, let’s believe God we can do this. There is also a reason why the 2 who believed had to be Joshua and Caleb. Joshua is from the tribe of Benjamin (the youngest tribe) and Caleb is from Issachar (the tribe who understands the time and seasons). Even in that God was speaking. I’m baffled that they didn’t say “wait a minute, you’re from the tribe who understands the times and seasons maybe we should listen to you on the timing of the crossover” Interesting, right?
Instead the end result proved Joshua and Caleb correct. All the Israelites under the age of 20 died so God only took the younger ones in and because they missed the timing they wandered for 40 years (Numbers 14:36-38). Only Joshua and Caleb who were in their 80s remained of the older group.
8. There is a period of time (3 weeks) from Tammuz to Av that is called bein hametzarim. This time is called going through the narrow straits. This narrow confined place does not last forever. When you get to the end of this narrow strait you have to decide if you go left or right because it’s open to your choice.
Therefore, you need to get rid of some things in your life in order to cross over and make the correct choices. This list will give you an idea of what these things could be. Please don’t get overwhelmed. God will highlight to you the one(s) that truly concern you now :
- Ungoldy relationships and ties (Prayer to break ungoldy Soul Tie)
- God will allow you to cross over with some of the old baggage but be sure that it will hinder you. For others, God will not allow it that means your season of wandering will continue.
- Open your bank account and look at where you are spending your money each month. Do you think God is happy with how you allocating his money? It’s time to make a decision that you will change your spending habits. Pray, fast, ask for deliverance. How is He going to bless you financially if you are not currently managing what you have?
- Time to cut off of the generational curses
- Time to cut off those familiar spirits Be warned that our war is not against flesh and blood so this cutting off happens in the spirit. Therefore, do not think it strange that the minute you cut them off in the spirit all these people from your past resurface. That’s because while the person may not know what is happening the spirit realm KNOWS you cut ties and they will be looking to reestablish it…in the spirit. So, decide if you want to answer the email, return the phone call or read the text message. It’s your decision.
- Our attitudes and behaviors can also need some adjustment. Moses missed the promise land because of his anger issues. These things are always tested by God before we enter in so if He is highlighting something to you in your character this is what you need to focus on.
So the title of this prophetic word is Make a Decision.
Are you ready to cross over or not? Do you believe what God has shown you about your promise or not? Are you ready to cut loose of those things and people that you know are not God’s best for you or not? Are you ready to make some changes with how you handle money or not? Are you ready to cut loose of your addictions or not?
It’s your time to decide.
Joshua 24:15 (NKJV) “And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell. But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”
(Numbers 14:39-45) Here’s a paraphrase of this scripture…after Moses told the Israelites the Lord says for the 40 days in which the land was spied out I am going to let you wander 1 year for each of the days, they quickly said “ok then we’ll cross over” Well, it was too late. There was a timeline on the decision. Then they went up anyway outside of the timing and will of God and got crushed by the enemy, they couldn’t enter the land. God works according to His timing so when He says you need to do something, it’s time to do it. If you drag your feet on that you miss the window of opportunity.
This is for those of you going through intense warfare. An important key to remember during warfare.
On a trip to Israel I said to our tour guide it is amazing that this nation has survived while being surrounded by enemies and being in constant turmoil. He quickly said to me “Surviving? We are not surviving we are thriving!” What a powerful statement! And so, this too must be our mantra.
I will not only survive I will thrive
There is a key component in how this is done. We must constantly walk with our Armor on and Sword in one hand while carrying a building tool in the other hand. The battle will never end. It is going to intensify because the enemy will try to find every single trick in the book to throw at you. These are all distractions to get you off track. However, you need to continue building. This is how your thrive.
Remember when Nehemiah was rebuilding the wall? All the opposition that came against them? Well, did they put down the building tool and pick up the
sword? No. They did both
Nehemiah 4:15-17 (NLT) “When our enemies heard that we knew of their plans and that God had frustrated them, we all returned to our work on the wall. But from then on, only half my men worked while the other half stood guard with spears, shields, bows, and coats of mail. The leaders stationed themselves behind the people of Judah who were building the wall. The laborers carried on their work with one hand supporting their load and one hand holding a weapon.”
So to keep this practical you put the Armor of God on everyday. You pray whatever warfare prayers you need to pray as it relates to your current struggles. Set aside another time in the same day to declare the promises by faith and quote scriptures over them. This is how you continue to move forward in the midst of your battle.
What the enemy wants to do is overwhelm you so you stop building. Maybe you’ve done this in past season, well, now is not the time!
As you are doing this you are sending a very clear message in the heavenlies, the enemy will see that you are not giving up on this promise and the angels of God will move into position to assist you because your faith will be on display and activate them.
Philippians 1:28 (NKJV) “… and not in any way terrified by your adversaries, which is to them a proof of perdition, but to you of salvation, and that from God”
Your actions are going to show the heavenlies, including God, whether you believe the good report or not. It’s not just your words is also what you are doing. Keep building.
This year of the cross over is very different from other years.
Remember this is the year of the new beginning so whatever you carry with you will be saddled to you for at least 7 years. Hopefully, this will add some clarity. We just started a new cycle so this is the year that you harvest (what you planted in the last 7 years) and you also sow (what you want to see in the next 7). You are planting into the new this year. So if you continue to follow and carry the same things you will have to wait a long time to offload them. You reap and you sow this year. Good and bad so you must be intentional in your sowing. Be intentional in the things that you are clinging to.
Here’s a prayer for you…
Almighty Father, I thank you for making clear to me the things that I need to cut off. I pray for the grace to follow through. Give me strength and courage in this hour. Fill me with your Holy Spirit and keep me on the path that leads to my promise land. I pray that I will learn how to master the Sword in one hand and the building tool in the other. May my action and words of faith activate the angels, in Jesus name, Amen.
God bless you!
7 thoughts on “Prophetic Word for August 2018”
The Lord led me to this word though written in August 2018 its for today for me in August 2021. August each year is the month the Lord always show up in remarkable ways and through this word he has answered the many questions I have asked him about my destiny and his many promises. He reminded me that I am chosen and should continue to listen to his voice and to follow as he leads.
such words are soo accurate, God continue to use u
Your words are so accurate. The Lord is using you majorly in my life. Thank you. And untold blessings coming to you all!
Thank you yet again for your gracious guidance during another month! I look forward to your writings to make sure I am on the right path!!! God bless you and your gifts!!!
Wonderful word madam. I pray for strength, courage, faith and grace to shake off every hindrance and cut off every person, place and thing that will be baggage in my promised land or keep me from entering; I also pray the same for everyone reading this in Jesus name. Amen; thank you Lord.
Please intercede on my behalf. Thank you
Wow promises to be a fiery month, I pray I make it through in October as June and July have been furnace-like in nature.
God many blessing to u .. we so need it me & my sisters..
we wait upon God promises for many years, we sure that this time is our season of financial breakthrough…
your prayer all will make different in our breakthrough, & make it happened as a blink of an eye…
My Name is nadeen & my sisters siham & seem… pray for us to get our breakthrough to our new life.. new home..
new prosperous bank account.